Garden Club of Cape Coral
Each year a competition is held to determine the photo on the cover of the annual Member Directory.
This year's winner for the 2020-2021 Member Directory is Betsy Koscher for her photo of a monarch butterfly on a hibiscus.
ENTER TO WIN 2021 - 2022
Shutterbugs!!!! WIN FAME & FORTUNE!!!!
The photo contest for the Garden Club of Cape Coral is accepting your photos. The winning photo will be featured on the cover of the next year's club directory. Deadline for submission of photographs is March 31, 2021.
The rules are:
1. Photos should be of some relevance to gardening
2. Competition is open to all active members of the GCCC.
3. Photos must be taken between May 2020 and March 2021
4. Photos must be taken in the State of Florida. Picture Preference is in our Growing Zone.
5. Photos will be de-identified to assure anonymity and prevent bias.
6. Photos should include both the scientific (Latin) and the common name of the flower, tree, cactus, etc. This is not a barrier to submission. The Garden Club will research this if this information is unavailable.
7. There is no limit on the number of photos submitted by participants.
8. Photos should be emailed to Nora Hoover in .jpg .gif or other electronic format no later than March 31, 2021.
Contest winner will be announced at the May meeting.
Monarch Butterfly on a Hibiscus Flower
Photo by Betsy Koscher
2019-2020 Member Directory: Debbie Cooper - starfish cactus.
"This plant is a ground cover and prefers semi shade. As far as photographing it ... I took it with my iPad. The flower is beautiful but has a terrible odour and the flies love it!!!!"--Debbie Cooper